February 19, 2013

PROGRESSO SOUPS


2/19/13 - Chicken Tortilla - Tender Chicken with Corn and Beans in a red broth with veggie overtones. the Tortilla in the title eludes me and would go fine with this recipe but this is so Good that there is no time to think of a side dish/compliment.

Perfect combination of Chicken Broth versus Bean Flavor versus Vegetable Flavor versus Herbs and Spices Flavor has made this my latest Favorite Progresso Soup (2013) after being wowed by my previous Favorite Progresso soup the Chicken Sausage Gumbo (2010/2011/2012).


2/19/13 - Manhattan Clam Chowder - Substantial Clam niblets with Carrots, Celery and Potatoes in a thinnish (but thick enough) Tomato based Broth with Fishy Overtones. I made the mistake of eating this after the prior entry (Chicken Tortilla) so my excitement was allayed.


2/26/13 - Chicken & Sausage Gumbo - This is the one that started whatever kind of soup rennaissance I had a few years back and is still very much a favorite. Andouille Sausage discs with Tender Chicken cubes in a spicy broth ( but not so spicy that adding a little Hot sauce is Not out of the question) with Celery, Okra, Peppers and Rice (of the canned kind) and a bunch of Spices. Slight oily aftertaste due to the Sausage inclusion and the spiciest of the Progresso Soup Line I have tried thus far, Outstanding for a canned Gumbo soup.


3/27/13 - Steak & Homestyle Noodles - I have been in a Noodly mood for sometime knowing that this was in my Soup collection and finally tonight gave it a sample. Technically Egg Noodles in Beef Broth with Celery, Carrots and Cubed Beef this is one of the heartier Soups due to the density of the Noodle.


8/28/13 - French Onion - A Brothy Soup and while this is based in Beef Broth there is enough Onion taste that if you told me it was Onion Broth I would believe you.


11/13/13 - Steak Burger (& Country Vegetables) -  Nice Veggie Selection comprising Potatoes, Carrots, Peas, String Beans in a Beef Broth with mini-Steak Burgers. Very Tasty and the Baby Burgers are good yet exactly what you would expect from a can.


1/4/14 - Hearty Chicken Pot Pie Style - First off the Broth is truly a Soup, could have been thicker to my liking but the can is marked Soup not Bisque, Stew or Chowder. The second thing I noticed was the winning addition of Corn into the mix giving it an edge. Not as appealing to me as the idea once was I am still glad I finally got to sample a can.


3/22/14 - Savory Chicken & Wild Rice (Heart Healthy line) - Aside from being a very pretty Soup in person this is also very Delicious and quite Hearty. Carrots, Tomato, Cubes of White Meat Chicken and plenty of Wild Rice make this one a real pleasure.


4/16/14 - Southwest Style Black Bean &Vegetable (Heart Healthy line) - This is going to be impossible not to have with some Tortilla Chips. I can Taste some Delicious Cilantro here, Corn, Tomatoes, Peppers and of course Black Beans make this a winner. as predicted, Excellent with Tortilla Chips.





No comments:

Post a Comment