February 23, 2013

FRANK AND SALS



This is The Place.
This is also on the corner from where I Live.
This is amongst the last vestiges of the Pork Store on 18th avenue.
This is Italian Food Shopping.
This could give you Agita if you dont pace yourself.

Unbelievable that it took this Long for Frank & Sal's Meat Market & Salumeria for a mention!!!!!!

also, we wanted to keep it secret.



The Lard Bread while containing no Lard is still Absolutely Delicious, more akin to a Prosciutto Bread.


I purchased a pound of Sirloin to make some Korean Bulgogi and watched in amazement as the Artisan Butcher trimmed Steaks and cut them to order, what once was a slab of meat became an artistic statement. I got my Sirloin as is and sliced it at home but the man at the butcher block knew exactly what he was doing.


I never feel right taking photo's inside of Frank & Sal's like they are going to take me out back for being rude but every now and then I have to sneak one with the iPhone. This is the far right of the Deli counter which was topped with Fresh Mozzarella both plain and smoked and some Fresh Italian cheese (Provolone ?) on this day.


An Easter Favorite, The Pizza Rustica.

No comments:

Post a Comment