May 8, 2016

PROGRESSO SOUPS lV


5/8/16 - Tomato Florentine with Italian Sausage - Mafalda Pasta in Tomato Broth with Italian Sausage, Carrots and Spinach.

The Sausage is akin to that which is used on Frozen Pizza but of the canned variety and that is not a bad thing so far as this hearty and satisfying Soup goes.


9/3/16 - Creamy Alfredo with Penne & Chicken - I was really in the mood for Chicken Broth tonight but figured I would tread unknown territory and sometimes Blog imitates life so here goes.

Right off I tasted a bit of Basil or Oregano but none are listed on the label and there are green bits in it, I hope this hasn't gone south in the freshness department. Very Thick & Creamy Alfredo Broth, no surprise as glancing at the Ingredients I see Sour Cream, Parmesan Cheese, Flour and Starch contained, Noodles could be more Al Dente but what do you expect from something that has been sitting in a can for lord knows how long. For a Creamy Soup I was not so much in the mood for this is Delicious.

Would be good with Croutons which I do have on hand but why ruin it.














No comments:

Post a Comment