March 16, 2014

HAVE IT YOUR WAY - THE BIG KING AT BURGER KING


Only having Burger King once every year or two makes it a wonderful choice and reminder of my youth as well. My friend Charlie and myself were just texting back and forth the other night as well about the virtues of the Big Mac vs. The Whopper, to me the Big Mac (Little Mac) is anything but big and I think lots of us will agree, McDonalds may be the far more popular Fast Food chain (at least in New York) but Burger King is the more fulfilling product, My friend Paul had something wise to say to end this argument, while the Big Mac is hand held "You Need Two Hands To Eat A Whopper" Argument Over.

Size does Matter but I am not talking about eating a Large sub standard Bologna Sandwich vs a smaller Boars Head Bologna Sandwich. If anything the McDonalds Beef Patty vs. the Burger King Beef Patty are almost identical except Burger King's is Flame Broiled (like a Barbecue) whereas McDonalds is NOT. BK has the BETTER BURGER between the two. 

This has been my preamble.

Venturing forth I stepped into my neighborhood BK ready to order a Big King and a Whopper jr. with small Fries, however being a doubting thomas I asked the counterperson "what is it ?, is it a BK ?" she said "yes, two for five dollars", well forget about the Whopper jr. 

(During our texting Charlie kept referring to it as a BK as abbreviation is the way of texting, just wanted to make sure I was not getting the wrong thing).

The Big King (BK) was Fast Food wise Glorious as expected which I purchased with a small order of Fries and the Burger was as expected bigger than the Bun or slightly overlapped the Bun whereas the Big Mac Burger is obscured or hidden by the Bun. A Big Mac leaves me Hungry, I took my second BK and some Fries home as I was Satisfied (pic below). 


The Midnight Snack BK, Delicious.

Most Importantly for all You foodies - The Big King is supposedly only available for a limited time and consists of Two Beef Patties, Lettuce, Onions, Pickles, Cheese and Special Sauce (might be Mayo but I do not think so) and does indeed contain that much beloved third piece of bread between the Burgers which I have heard that McDonalds has done away with (they may have alleviated that by this time). 

My Favorite is still the Whopper or Whopper Jr. as I really need that Tomato slice. 


Out On The Tiles.


Entrance to Burger King on 86th street and 21st avenue, Brooklyn, New York.


No Lies Here in the Fast Food realm. KUDOS To BK.

No comments:

Post a Comment