February 20, 2014

SILVER STAR RESTAURANT 2/20/14 Brooklyn, New York


The Silver Star Serving Method remains impeccable, of course through the lens of time my remembrance has dimmed but I was watching carefully and nothing has changed. Yes, the staff has changed over the passing years but you are still served promptly with a Pot of Tea, Crispy Noodles to Dip into a mini-tureen of House Mustard and Duck Sauce giving time to ponder the Menu.

You are also promptly asked for your Soup of choice after being seated and comfortable. Silver Star has Wonton, Hot & Sour, Egg Drop, Chicken Noodle, Chicken Rice and Tomato Egg Drop on order Instantly and there are specialty Soups on the Menu as well.


SUBGUM PORK CHOW MEIN. Was Very Much Like Pork Almond Ding.

Well, This was a Big chance and also an Oddity/Wanted Item for many years, the Subgum Chow Mein. Had to look this one up via Google as most often I had Subgum in Chinatown (NYC) and it seemed to consist of a Dish with Fried Wontons. Not So at least on the American side, Subgum means served with Meat, Vegetables or Noodles. Well Chow Mein is already Meat and Veggies basically. 

This IS my Chow Mein Place so I just ordered it, Why qualm about it ?. Well I did qualm, This Is My Chow Mein Place.


Here is where my interest was Piqued and of course. What was this Mysterious "Subgum" Item on the Menu of which I had proffered over many years.


Always Graciously included in the Meal is your choice of Dessert. Ice Cream, Pineapple or Jello.


Aah, Yes One of the Dissapearing appetizers from the American Chinese Menu. Chicken In Foil. Part of ANY Proper PU PU Platter. Sodium Drenched and Absolutely Delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment