October 25, 2013

BLIMPIE'S 13th street & 4th Avenue, NEW YORK CITY.


There are a few Blimpie's left in New York City but they are becoming few and far between so whenever I am near a location I do try to grab a Blimpie's Best which was a Favorite from my childhood years to bring me back and appease the craving. I have purchased "Cappy Ham" from a reputable Deli (Frank & Sal's) Only to find this is not quite the Cappaciola Ham used on the BB. Not to worry, I have since surmised that Blimpie's possibly makes their own Cold Cuts, This certainly is NOT Boar's Head kiddies.

I purchased this Sandwich after a Brian May book signing/lecture (Diableries stereoscopic book) at the Strand just 2 blocks away around 9 p.m. and it was not the best I have had, a little dry, Not messy enough, I will blame the Chef. Also the menu sign was a wee bit misleading as the prices on display were for "Meal Combo's" and I do not need the Baked Lays and accompanying Soda. 

GIMME THE SANDWICH DAMMIT!!!!

So, this Sandwich (Regular and Not Deluxe, in translation 6" & not a Footlong) was satiated very quickly. I gave Jamie a half as we sat in another eatery entirely and after spending $205 on books was not prepared to purchase an $8.00 sandwich elsewhere until my account was replenished so this BB came to my starving rescue.

Not the best one I have ever had though, Once again, I Blame the chef. These were glorious in the 1970s (Rose Tinted glassies on or off).

I had mine Plain (as opposed to Jalapeno's, etc) and as it was since my childhood (In My Youth this was one with EVERYTHING). Lettuce, Tomato, Onions (White), Mayonnaise, Salt & Pepper with Oil & Vinegar.

There Is Nothing Like A Blimpie's Best.





No comments:

Post a Comment