January 25, 2013

ITS TIME FOR A MARTINI




Three Olives - Flavorful Vodka taste, minimal aftertaste and vaporous light burn (2) Frankly I was surprised after purchasing this as a mid-priced brand at $25.99/1.75 Liter

Smirnoff - Unobtrusive taste, slightly chalky aftertaste, light burn (3) (this was had directly after the impressive Three Olives Martini stated above). tag removed/375 mL*

Romanoff - Rough bite, vaporous aftertaste with lingering burn (4/5), virtually undrinkable. $13.99/ 1.75 Liter

Barton - Very similar to the Romanoff Vodka mentioned above and in the same "basement" neighborhood except this has a Rougher bite, much more aftertaste and prevalent burn (5).

Sobiewski - Light Taste, slight aftertaste, Light Burn (2). Very similar to Three Olives. This one is a Polish Vodka and recommended me by my friend Wendy. $19.99/1.75 Liter

* - found surplus in my computer table (January 2013), purchased for a road gig but unused.



The GIN Martini

A Real Martini or Original Recipe is the Gin Martini (I am so personally afraid of the Gin from previous experiences) and I have always liked my Gin but never had it around so in the wee hours as Jamie slept I crept to the Vermouth and spied the Gin in her bar.

Gordons - Gin snap to it but Very smooth surprisingly (it being Gordons "the most mixable") with barely an aftertaste and a very light burn if at all, my notes (iPhone) rate the burn a "1". Also my first Martini proper or Gin Martini ever if memory serves me right, Outstanding !!!

Had a Gordons Gin Martini at home and did not like it at all, very strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment