July 9, 2019

RICE




Rice


STUFFED CABBAGE BOWL - While out pounding the pavement my mind wandered towards the dilemma of what to do with the leftover Saurkraut and this seemed an interesting idea, in preparation of actually executing it a day later not so much so and here I sit with my first sample.

Certainly could use Salt and this I preambled. 
First impression is that it can actually use more Cabbage.

And more Cabbage was added, does not taste so much like a Stuffed Cabbage as it does the separate amalgamation of its parts but then again I haven't had Stuffed Cabbage proper in probably about 40 years !!! Growing up I frowned (and this is being overly polite) upon friends of mine occasionally Eating Rice with Ketchup (a distinctly abhorrent concept) but the Tomatoness of it all is barely perceptible on the taste buds, in this case it is Tomato/Spaghetti Sauce so not nearly as Salty or Vinegary.

This one is Ground Beef, Fried Onions, White Rice, Tomato Sauce (canned) and Saurkraut with Salt to Taste.

Does not work, Rice is close enough to Pasta being a Carb to be coupled with Tomato Sauce so I was thinking this is akin to Spaghetti and Meat Sauce with Saurkraut which I would never do so why do this, well I tried.


CHOP MEAT & RICE - I can really call this a Bowl as that is what it is served in but screw trendy fashionable labels.

This is Chop Meat and Rice that my mom raised me on.

Of course the Rice is not as good as moms nor is anything else but this is a queer psychological paradox that we all face as human beings, nothing is as tasty as your memory recalls and also your mom had more practice at it and it was usually the first time you tried many things in being prepared by his or her hands.

This is the classic (to me) Chop Meat (Ground Beef), Fried Onions and White Rice.

Thats it,... maybe a little Salt but definitely some Soy Sauce.

The String Beans are present here as they were leftovers to be had, a healthy addition and also added some color to the photo.








No comments:

Post a Comment