January 8, 2014

FRANK & SALS SALUMERIA 1/7/14 Brooklyn, New York


So, Its a Freezing day in New York and I barely made it the 400 or so feet to the corner wherein Frank & Sal's lie. I have had a Roast Beef Hero on my mind for days, maybe weeks. Order my Hero and as I am waiting there are all kinds of Delicious things on display. Sharp Provolone (cubed), Homeade Stromboli's and many Roll's (Chicken, Broccoli, Sausage) of different variation, Potato Croquettes, Mini Rice Balls, Grilled Chicken, Broccoli Rabe, Orrechetti with Broccoli Rabe and Sausage, a Rice something, Fresh Mozzarella and of course sliced Hard Sausage to go. What caught my attention was the pints on display of Chicken Soup but WHY ?. 


The Homeade Chicken Soup is right there on display in Pint containers to go and at a paltry and reasonable $2.50 but that was not it, what it was was the stringy substance at the bottom, surely not Noodles and if they were it would be Chicken Noodle Soup, maybe some kind of Veggie, but what ?.

I returned home, had half of the Delicious Hero and then took an uncalled for nap. Upon awakening I heated the Chicken Soup and to my surprise the "stringy substance" was the Chicken that fell off the Bone whilst making the Broth. I could tell immediately that this was home made, so much so that only with great trepidation did I add some (Lots of) Grated Cheese to the Soup and which is the Italian way. 


As The World Turns So The Cheese Submerges and it submerges very quickly, I could not snap a proper pic of the "floating Cheese". This Soup was Dynamite.


What I came for and what was delivered. (1) Roast Beef, American Cheese Hero with Lettuce, Tomatoes, Mayo and Oil & Vinegar ($7.69), I think they forgot the Mayo but totally cool, I have some here. I had this in 2 servings and Frank & Sal's makes a really Great Hero.


I NEED the Number 1 Specialty Sandwich. Its Prosciutto, Mortadella, Hot Cappicolla, Salami, Mozzarella, Roasted Peppers with Oil and Vinegar ($8.00)


12/23/15 - Chicken Parmigiana Stuffed Mushrooms To Go.



No comments:

Post a Comment