January 29, 2014

PASTEURIZED PROCESSED CHEESE FOOD PRODUCT & THE AMERICAN WHEY


In my teenage years I once said "Oh, Pasteurized Processed Cheese Food Product" Not to be a cynic, wiseass or wannabee burgeoning intellectual but because it was funny (ok, maybe I was being a wiseass). So many words to explain "Cheese" well it got a big laugh from my friends and I do believe the first place I had read this description was from a package of Individually Wrapped Kraft Cheese Slices as they were a mainstay in 1970s U.S. household living. I do sadly see that now this has been amended to "Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product" 


Well I suppose this Cow is Laughing Very Hard. This is a product of bel Brands USA based in Chicago. I Love how they all seem to be Imported Cheeses but none aren't. Either way "Laughing Cow" is one of my Favourites and the one that the Jews taught Sean and myself to enjoy at Breakfast. Just a Bite of Soft Bagel, A Nibble of Cheese. Just Fantastic. Long may she Laugh.


Alouette is somewhat of a high end product on the Cheese Product line costing an average of ($6.99/6.5 oz.) on the Supermarket shelf, I Very Fortuantely purchased my package of Alouette "Savory Vegetable" Soft Spreadable Cheese at almost half the price at $3.99. What strikes me most about this Spread is that while its packaging sports "recipes" containing Tenderloin Steak is that this is at the very heart of it "Flavored Cream Cheese" Plain and Simple.

Perhaps Alouette is Bloated in price due to it French name but nowhere does this pass the "Cheese" test. 

"Cream Cheese" yes Absolutely, But "Cheese" ?  This nearly went out the window but as there are no allusions of this being CHEESE or IMPORTED CHEESE I shall hang on.


Now this one is hard to get a handle on, Absolutely Addictive and Completely non-resistive and I am talking about WITHOUT Heating it up. If You Heat this up and start monging then the night is indeed over. I LOVE This Dip Cold right out of the Container. more on this later.





No comments:

Post a Comment