October 25, 2013

TACO BELL, UNION SQUARE/KINGS PLAZA, NYC.


What More can I say about Taco Bell but to sing it's Praises.

CHEAP - Yes.
FILLING - Yes.
FULLFILLING - Yes.
TASTY - Yes.
DANGEROUS - Possibly.

The Beauty of Dining at a Taco Bell location (at least in New York) is not unlike that of a Bosch Painting or a quick Ramones Song. 

In other words you at any time have the chance "Dining In" of becoming encompassed in a full out Gang War or Anthrax Spraying whilst spreading a packet of Hot Sauce on your moist, heated and enticing Chilito. Cheap Eats does draw a Cheap Crowd at all times of the day.

So I decided to get mine "to go" and enhance my Culinary Delights in Union Square Park just hundreds of feet away wherein I am only prey to possibly a vagrant that may urinate on my food to prove his patriotism or religious creed and wish me well on my way, But I Digress.

The minutes were ticking by (ticktickticktick) (4:40 p.m. by now) as I was in the area to attend a book signing by Ray Davies. I intended to beat the after work crowd so had to get my books (to be signed with a purchase receipt of course) at the Barnes & Noble location hosting the event (entry at 5 p.m.) and WHOOSH up to the seating area I was sent, I suppose the vagrant will have to be kept waiting.


Nachos Supreme - As photoed (iPhone) from my seated position inside B & N, No way I was going to eat these here seated inches (shoulder to shoulder) from other like minded Kinky Anglophiles, Aromatic, Messy and Just Plain Crunchy. so i tucked them back into my small valise.


Burrito Supreme - Totally Different Story, Non-Aromatic as it remains in its Flour Tortilla Shell, I took bites of this intermittently as I read further into Ray's Fantastic "Americana" book. Like always the Beef seems to be at the bottom whilst the Sour Cream and Refried Beans are closer to the top, No Biggie (as Sean would say).


The Workings of Taco Bell, Union Square, a bit of a blurry pic as I took this on the fly, only included it because I love this place and the view (and the Sour Cream Squirt Pistoleros).


With Prices Like this,......... O.K. Maybe a Gang fight or two. I will take my chances. And if you look at Line # 7 on the receipt they did wish me a "Taco Day". Bless their Powdered Refried Bean Mexican Hearts. I LOVE Taco Bell.

Still if you ever get invited on a date "Across The Border", Be Afraid, Be Very afraid.


The Man of the evening, Ray Davies. My Favourite songwriter ever.
I Wonder if he ever had Taco Bell ?

I will ask him next time we meet. Or Maybe Not

God Save Taco Bell.


11/9/13 - Hardly one to surpass a rendezvous with the Taco Bell Jamie and I were at King's Plaza to do some clothes shopping and we made a run for the border. The Bell is always trying something new trying to stay afloat in today's climate even though they seem to have no competition except for authentic Mexican Food,.. OK Maybe that is enough.

I spied the "Shredded Chicken" as their latest and am always game for the Pollo. 

Promptly ordered the "Combo" Meal and here it is. The Combo also came with a "Shredded Chicken Soft Taco" and for equal measures I added on a "Beef Soft Taco", wound up bringing both Taco's back to the house with packet's of Hot Sauce in tow.


The "Shredded Chicken Smothered Burrito". How can you lose ?, It's Shredded Chicken in a Burrito, at first glance i was fishy about the "White Rice" shown in the ad pic but not to worry, it was just fine.


Combo Meal in place and time to Eat!!!

This is a very busy Food Mart so comfy Dining is not an option.
EAT AND GET OUT !!!


I had previously gotten a Cherry Limeade but this time got a Classic Limeade (It came with the Combo). I did regret not getting the Cherry one but at least I have tried both of these bastardizations of the classic Lime Rickey. Wound up carrying my leftover cup of Limeade all through Macy's and Sear's while clothes shopping, finally finished it and was relieved.

Do I Still Love Taco Bell ?

You Betcha.



No comments:

Post a Comment