October 9, 2013

86 NOODLES, 86th Street & 3rd avenue, Brooklyn, NYC.


86 NOODLES is and was the first Chinese Food Culinary Institute that I became aware of in Brooklyn as opposed to Chinatown that served Real Deal "Chinese food" and they make a nifty, Tough and Bitchin" Pan Fried Noodles which is possibly my favorite Asian Plate O' Food. I sadly Do not recall where I had my first plate or by whom it was recommended but for those not in the know it is comprised of thin (Chow Mei) Noodles quickly Deep Fried giving them a Crispy Soup Noodle (like the ones you get with Wonton Soup, etc.) texture which is then topped with Chinese Vegetables and the Meat or Fish of your choice oftentimes with Beef, Pork, Chicken and Shrimp in a melange' of Flavorfulness. Tonight I chose Roast Pork and there they are pictured above, Delicious YES.


Being a big fan of Hot & Sour Soup from Silver Star Restaurant (search engine this BLOG) I decided to try the competitors Recipe. Excellent and to my Delight without Egg Drop (Egg Drop belongs but I am NOT an Eggfan) with aromas of Sesame Oil and Quality Mushroom, Shredded Pork, Bamboo Shoots and Tofu. Silver Star still beats this by a long shot.


What does a Man drink during appetizers at a Chinese Eatery ? ,.... Tsingtao of course. 
I was with Joe who is Indeed a Man and we had Tsingtao of course.


Cover of the extensive 86 Noodles Menu (see link below for contents).

Chinese Food like this is not available at most if any take-out shops a few blocks over.




86 Noodles from the street.


No comments:

Post a Comment