June 30, 2019

INVASION OF THE NACHO CHEESE FRIES


Yes, they had a 7-Layer Burrito and I bought one too but always a fan of new Menu items to try I was drawn to the plastic backlit advertisement placard on display boasting Nacho Fries Supreme.

Being a fan of The Bells Nachos Supreme and it being a mainstay of most visits when I can find a local Taco Bell which facilitates the need for a visit in the first place I figured how bad could it be, replace Tortilla Chips with French Fries,... so I placed an order.

Yes, it was the middle of my work day as I was bouncing around the five boroughs but approaching 5th avenue a small miniature bull terrier appeared before me blocking my path and uttered the phrase "Yo Quiero Taco Bell" reminding me a local Bell establishment was just around the bend.

Yes, I was also quite Hungry at this point in my day (spelled starving) but this only played a small part in the Tastiness of these Fries. This being a stand alone Taco Bell they were not borrowing KFC or Arby's French Fries so I guess these were Taco Bell Fries and nothing special about them, the average straight cut Fried Spud stick but powdered lightly with Nacho Cheese dust. Why don't they sell this magic dust on its own in the Spice aisle in the supermarket ? well High Sodium Risk might be a reason but it certainly worked and set the Fry apart in this manner.

Not exactly correct on the "Supreme" level as my order was topped with Beef, Beans, Sour Cream, Cheese Sauce and Diced Tomato omitting the Scallion bits.

I would like to see the device utilized to Dice the Tomatoes. 
They do appear uniform in shape and rather small in size making extra work for the human hand to achieve such a feat or maybe they just grow them Diced.

All in all as can be expected from such a Snack and my plastic dish was completed in about two minutes time. Lets hope they keep it on the Menu.


And for only two and a half dollars, a fair bargain rate for 14th street in Manhattan.


Facade Approachment.



No comments:

Post a Comment