December 1, 2014

THEY'RE RED HOT !!! - TAMALES IN A CAN


I had been eyeing these canned Tamales literally for months attending SMOOCH rehearsals in Staten Island. Never had I seen these on the Supermarket or convenience store shelf in my hometown of Brooklyn and becoming overly intrigued I plunked down my cash and grabbed a can ($2.29) because I just had to.

Surprisingly the Food Artisans at Hormel got the Corn Masa just about right and the Sauce was indeed on the Spicy side, the Beef was of the typical canned kind which is not the worst yet certainly not the best (think Chef Boyardee) but what are we to expect. 

I will never buy these again but at the same time this vacuum packed oddity has finally been sampled and was not an inedible dissapointment. BRAVO Hormel.


This Mesoamerican Mayan Dish has now been canned.

I suppose Corn Husk (as unique Tamales are encased in) may wilt in the suspended animation of the canned state so Hormel has substituted wax paper, however the Corn Masa would not stand a chance otherwise so they had to.


Actually this Casserole sounds pretty good.


Only Three Grams of Saturated Fat too.



No comments:

Post a Comment